Creating a Business Facebook:
- Log into your personal Facebook page using your username and password.
- Click the small arrow button in the top right-hand corner.
- Click "Create Page" in the drop-down.
- If you are an Admin on any existing pages, those pages will appear at the top in this drop-down.
- Choose "Local Business or Place" for the type of Page you’d like to create.
- Fill in the business’s basic information: Business name, category (cafe, restaurant, salon, etc.), address and phone number. Then click "Get Started".
- The basic page will now be created, and you can further customize the page by adding a profile photo, cover photo, customized username for the page, and a business description.
- You can toggle between your personal page and the business page: When you want to post from your personal page, click your name in the top right-hand corner, and when you want to post on your business page, click the business page from the drop-down behind the arrow in the top right-hand corner.
- Link your menu or services content from the SinglePlatform portal and the announcements feature to Facebook via the SinglePlatform portal. Visit the Social Media Tutorial for instructions.
Why do you have to have a personal Facebook page to create a business page?
- Every Facebook business page must have an Admin for it, and that Admin must be tied to the business page via personal Facebook page. This makes it easy to manage your personal Facebook and any business pages all through one Facebook username and password.
- While SinglePlatform can help customers create a business Facebook page, we want to be sure someone on the business end is made an Admin. If you ever cancel your SinglePlatform account, we still want you to be able to access and use your Facebook business page, and this can only happen if someone on the business end is made an Admin to the business Facebook page.