This tutorial covers how to edit your menu/services. Click on the links below to read about a specific topic:
How to Create Additional Menus
How to Add Nutritional Information
How to Update Prices
How to Add Photos to Your Account
How to Change the Order of Menu Items
How to Schedule a Menu to Publish or Unpublish
How to Publish or Unpublish a Menu Now
Or scroll through all the info below to learn more about how to update your menu/services:
Adding another menu to your offerings is done by clicking the Add new menu button toward the top right of the Menus section. Customers can select which menu to read on your SinglePage from the Menus dropdown. This is a great way to handle daily specials, seasonal specials, or a holiday menu.
- Click on the Add a new menu button. A blank menu will open.
- Enter your Menu Name and Menu Description.
- Now enter your Section Name (this is required).
- You can add a Section Description.
- Now start adding the items that belong on this menu.
- Click the Save Draft button when you’re done.
- Then click Preview to see how it all looks on your SinglePage.
- When you’re finished, click on Publish.
Add nutritional information, like a spice rating, the amount of calories a menu item has, or a diet type, once you have added items to your menu. This additional info will appear on your SinglePage.
- Click on the menu item you would like to add information to.
- At the top of the screen, check-off what kind of information you’ll be adding. This will add the option to each menu item.
- Click into an item where you want to add the nutritional information, and check the boxes applicable. The nutritional information will appear on your Singlepage and listings menu.
- Optional: If your info has a range, you can check-off the box labled Price Range or Calorie Range and enter your low and high numbers to create a range.
Each item that has a price can be updated by clicking on that item, and then clicking in the price field. You can also add a label or unit price to your item to help your customers understand what they’re getting.
- Click on the item in your menu that needs a price change.
- Click inside the price field and update the price.
- Optional: You can add a Price Label to help clarify what your customer is buying.
- This is how it will look on the SinglePage
- Optional: Use a Price Unit if you sell this item by the dozen or some other quantity.
- This is what it will look like on your SinglePage menu.
- If you need to remove a Price Label or a Price Unit, go into the field and delete the content, un-check the boxes, then click Publish. Your content will now be removed.
Your photo library is where you’ll keep images that will be used on your SinglePage and mobile site. You can also store additional images for your menu items. Your images should have a 2:3 aspect ratio, and no smaller than 620px wide.
Add to Photo Library
- When you’re logged into your account, click on Location Settings and then Photo library.
- To add photos to your Photo Library, click on “Add Photos”.
- Search your computer for where your photo is stored and click Open.
- Your new image will now appear in your Photo Library.
- Hover your cursor over an image to display the Edit button. You’ll be able to tag it to a menu item, add a caption or delete the photo.
Changing the order of menu items and menu sections is simple - just drag and drop. You can also re-order all of your published menus by changing the number to the left of the menu name.
Re-order Menu Items
- Place your cursor over the item you want to move, and click down on the handle to the left that appears.
- Drag your item to its new position.
- Release your mouse.
- Place your cursor inside the section you want to move, but not inside of a field.
- Click down and drag the section to its new position. You will not see a handle or the cursor change shape.
- Release your mouse. Now the item will be in its new position.
Re-order Published Menus
The order of your menus (if you have more than one) is seen in the Menus section of your account. When a custom- er clicks on the More Menus pulldown menu on your Singlepage and other listing sites, they can select which menu to read. If you want to change the order of your menus:
- Click Edit on the menu whose position you want to change.
- Click inside the box to the left of the name and change the number to be the new position you want it to be.
Note: The menu in the top position is number “0”.
- Click on the Menus section button in the left navigation bar to verify the menu order is correct.
- Note: This is how it will look on SinglePage.
Menus in a Draft status can be scheduled to publish at a future time, so you can plan your menus in advance. If your Draft menu has the same name as a Published menu, when the Draft publishes, it will overwrite your Published version. Note: You cannot schedule a menu to Publish and Unpub- lish. You can only can schedule one action for a menu at a time.
Schedule to Publish a Menu
1. Click Edit next to the Draft menu you want to schedule.
2. Click on the Publish button.
3. Select “Set Date” link.
4. Click on the date you want your menu to publish.
5. On the Publish Menu screen, confirm that the date you’ve selected is correct then click Schedule.
6. The top of your menu will now show the publish date on the Publish button.
Unpublishing your menu on a specific date works the same way as Publishing. If you have published a special menu that you want to ensure comes down at the right time, schedule an Unpublish date.Schedule to UnPublish a Menu
1. Click on the Published menu you want to schedule to come down.
2. Click on the Unpublish button.
3. Select “Set Date” link.
4. Click on the date you want your menu to unpublish.
Get your new menu out to the world right away. When you Publish Now, your menu will be published online and added to our network of listing sites. Instead of setting a date for a menu to publish, just select Now.